A Milestone And Some Reflection
by Ken Gregory, co-founder of Litman Gregory Asset Management
Ken Gregory reflects on Litman Gregory's first 25 years and says, "Very simple values—a commitment to excellence and high ethical standards—have played a huge role in the success and longevity of Litman Gregory and they are very relevant today in ways we did not consciously anticipate in 1987."
Read the full article»
The Litman Gregory Companies are driven by our commitment to rigorous, independent research of managers and asset classes. We provide asset management, manager selection, and asset allocation services for individuals, institutions and investment professionals.
Litman Gregory, co-founded in 1987 by Ken Gregory and Craig Litman, is based in Larkspur and Orinda, California. The firm manages over $9.4 billion in assets (as of March 31, 20132) and has more than 50 employees, including 13 partners.
Since 1987, Litman Gregory Asset Management has provided investment advisory services with a commitment to excellent client service to high-net-worth individuals and institutions. In 2008, Litman Gregory Asset Management, LLC was awarded the Schwab IMPACT® Best-in-Business Award1 for excellence in financial advising (you can watch the video and learn more about this award here).
In addition to our advisory business, we advise the Litman Gregory Masters Funds and provide Litman Gregory Portfolio Strategies on turnkey asset management platforms. We also publish investment research for other investment advisors and individuals through AdvisorIntelligence and the No-Load Fund Analyst newsletter, respectively.
Litman Gregory is recognized for its institutional-caliber approach to manager due diligence and asset class research. The research team of 7 professionals is dedicated to researching active managers and constructing portfolios.
Learn more about the people behind Litman Gregory and our approach to investing.
Our Company Mission, Core Values and Principles
Our company mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of our clients by dedicating ourselves to their financial well-being, to inspire excellence and personal growth in a challenging and fun work environment, and to earn the respect of our clients, co-workers and everyone with whom we come in contact.
The success of our firm is a direct result of both our culture and our team of highly skilled professionals that share our values. Our core values and principles guide every decision we make on behalf of our clients and for our business.
The core values behind Litman Gregory are:
- Excellence. Deliver superior services and products.
- Integrity. Adhere to the highest standards of fairness, honesty, and independent thinking.
- Expertise. Apply specialized knowledge, skill, and ability.
- Passion. Demonstrate tremendous enthusiasm and drive.
The core principles behind Litman Gregory are:
- Clients first. We believe our success will be a result of putting the interests of our clients, shareholders, subscribers, and advisors first.
- Disciplined and rational decision making. We pursue excellence with respect to long-term investment returns by making rational decisions that are supported by thorough, fundamental research rather than pursuing what might be temporarily popular or superficially appealing.
- Independent and creative thinking. Thinking outside the box is an important part of our performance edge. By thinking creatively, we have identified what we believe to be uniquely superior investment alternatives.
1. Litman Gregory Asset Management is the recipient of the 2008 Schwab IMPACT® Best-in Business Award. This national award recognizes one independent investment advisory firm for excellence in business management and client services. The criteria include demonstrated success in business planning, practice management, employee development, and client loyalty. Litman Gregory and its employees are independent of and are not employees or agents of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab"). Schwab does not prepare, verify, or endorse information distributed by Litman Gregory. The IMPACT® Award is not an endorsement, testimonial endorsement, recommendation, or referral to Litman Gregory with respect to its investment advisory and other services. Such rating is not representative of the experience of any single client of Litman Gregory Asset Management, LLC and is not indicative of the future performance of the firm.
2. The Litman Gregory companies that manage assets include Litman Gregory Asset Management, LLC and Litman Gregory Fund Advisors, LLC. The asset values for the period are based on information available as of 3/31/13.